HITECH HERNIA RESEARCH
Innovations at the Hitech Hernia Centre come from its extensive ongoing research around hernia treatment devices and mechanisms.
Surgeons at the Centre are members of premier hernia institutes around the world, and participate in and contribute to academic discussions and research.
Our surgeons have made presentations at international hernia conferences and contributed research data for peer review.
- “Retrospective Comparison of 3D mesh device(UHS &PHS) in inguinal hernia” presented at the American Hernia Society Conference held between 12-15 March 2014 at Las Vegas, USA
- “Modification of 3D mesh devices for large epigastric and umbilical hernias” presented at the 7th International Congress of the Asia – Pacific Hernia Society held in Hua – Hin, Thailand from 11th – 13th January 2012.
- “Day care surgery for inguinal hernia with PHS/UHS mesh with fibrin glue fixation” presented at Australasian Hernia Society at Thredbo, Australia in 2010
- “Skin Closure with cyanoacrylate glue improves post operative comfort level in hernioplasty patients” presented at the XVI Annual meeting of the European Society of Surgery, Istanbul, Turkey between November 22-24, 2012.
- “UHS with fibrin glue fixation for spigelian hernias” presented at the 32nd International Congress of European Hernia Society, Istanbul,Turkey between October 6 – 9, 2010.
- “Day Care Hernia Surgery” presented at 86th Annual National Conference of Indian Medical Association at IMA NATCON 2011 from 27th –29th December 2011
- “Scientific aspects of Hernia” presented to Family Physician Association of Bangalore FPNATCON 2005, 28-30 January 2005.
- Abdominal wall reconstruction (GSA Annual Scientific Meeting) participated from 27-29 September 2013 at Sydney, Australia
- Live Surgery Workshop, faculty at KIMS Hubli in 2006
- Hernia Surgery Demonstration with PHS mesh at SURG YEN 2008 at Yenepoya medical college, Mangalore 25-26 MARCH.
- Live Demonstration of 3D mesh device (UHS) in inguinal hernia at HERNIACON 2013 at Ahmedabad.